I’m Dr Simone Kurtzke – Lecturer in Digital Media and Marketing (at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen), ex-Social Media Manager, occasional web designer, WordPress junkie, academic, video game addict, avid reader, and aspiring writer. I have an awesome ginger cat (yes, really) and I live in Aberdeen and Edinburgh, Scotland (I moved here from my native Germany some 15 years ago).
I think a lot about what social media and customer-first means in the digital economy, and about digital inequality – especially around access to digital marketing knowledge and skills.
I’ve been working with digital media in some form or other since the last century, and I’ve always believed in digital as a force for good (digital ist besser!).
On the web:
- Social Media Marketing in 2015 (audio lecture), Henry Stewart Talks, 2015
- Is my website working?, Tourism Intelligence Scotland webinar, 2014
- Was ist social SEO / What is social SEO?, akm3 blog, 2013
- Blogmanay Scotland drive reaches 80m people, The Scotsman, 2013
- Interview – Operation Shetland Ponies, #TheDigitals 2013 – Awards Yearbook, 2013
- Various posts on VisitScotland’s Blog, The Distillery, VisitScotland, 2012-2013
- ‘Scots get social: top tips for managing internal social media campaigns‘, eyefortravel, 2012